There are two hard-tru (clay) courts available for use of members and guests during the tennis season, generally from mid-April through October, or at the discretion of the Lenox Club management depending upon the weather conditions. Use of the courts by members is free of charge.
- Courts may be reserved not more than 3 days in advance by members by telephone although preferably by members using the new Lenox Club website. When making the reservation, the member must state the names of all persons who will be playing, including guests. Lenox Club organized weekly teams courts are pre-reserved for the entire season (Ladies doubles, Tuesday mornings).
- Courts may be reserved for a maximum of two hours of play.
- If players fail to appear within 15 minutes of the reserved time, the reservation is forfeited.
- Sign-ups for unreserved courts are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Members may sponsor up to 3 guests for doubles and 1 guest for singles per court reservation.
- Each guest may play up to 3 times a year under the sponsorship of a member.
- The sponsoring member must be present when guests play.
- Members and guests are not permitted to bring a tennis instructor or coach from
outside the Club for instructional or competitive purposes.
- Players are required to sweep the court and roll the lines after play.
- All trash shall be removed from the court after play.
- Proper tennis attire is required and consists of proper tennis shoes and tennis clothing, preferably all white or 1/2 white.
- Black soled or running shoes will not be permitted on the courts at any time.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Balls marked “ALL Court” or “ Use on clay courts” should be used.
- No food or beverages other than water or sports drinks are allowed on the courts.
- Smoking is prohibited on the courts.
- No game other than tennis may be played on the courts.